Whether you’re a digital marketer, CEO, or seasoned SEO specialist, making decisions about an enterprise website requires your team to work together. And if the decision is whether enterprise SEO is right for your site, you’ve come to the right place.
For search engine optimization (SEO) to impact a site with thousands (or millions) of pages, the strategies must be better informed, more refined, and often more complex. Enterprise SEO management requires marketing, brand, web design, and development to work collaboratively with their SEO team to implement automated and scalable SEO solutions.
Find out more about what enterprise SEO is, how it differs from traditional SEO, and common enterprise SEO strategies in this guide.
What Is Enterprise SEO?
Enterprise SEO is a search engine optimization method for websites with complex architecture and thousands of pages that are directly tied to the business’s revenue, brand authority, and industry reputation. Enterprise SEO involves managing large, multi-channel digital campaigns with significant budget investments and creating strategies to help them rank well on search engines.
Contrary to what it may sound like, enterprise-level SEO has less to do with the size of the company and more to do with the size of the website and its importance to the business’s bottom line.
The term “enterprise SEO” can also reference the size of the team, scope of project management, and depth of cross-departmental collaboration required to manage the website.
How Does Enterprise SEO Differ From Traditional SEO?
While traditional SEO focuses on the optimization of individual pages, enterprise SEO optimization takes a site-wide approach aligned with long-term strategies.
Additional ways that enterprise SEO differs from traditional SEO include:
- Scalability. Managing organic search optimization for an enterprise website requires more advanced strategy and planning than traditional SEO. Enterprise search engine optimization differs from conventional SEO due to the need for scalable strategies to make changes across thousands of web pages efficiently.
- Keywords. Another example of how an enterprise SEO strategy might differ from traditional is within keyword strategy. While it might make sense for a smaller site to focus on lower competition, long-tail keywords, an enterprise site can often target broader, more competitive keywords and search queries.
- Brand Authority. While traditional SEO may help smaller sites build brand authority, enterprise sites may already be quite authoritative in their industry. Enterprise SEO can instead help maintain brand reputation and address any bad PR or negative search results.
- Team involvement. The critical importance of the website to the business’s bottom line means that enterprise websites often have a dedicated web team with internal SEO experts already working on their website. However, the website’s size and complexity may make it necessary to partner with an agency to enhance its SEO.
Benefits of Enterprise SEO
Going beyond significant increases in organic traffic, effective SEO for enterprise companies also positions your brand as a trusted resource at every stage across the customer lifecycle.
The right enterprise SEO team should work alongside your web development team to improve the user experience and track engagement metrics that impact your performance in search. With improved engagement and user experience, increased conversions often follow. And an upgraded user experience often has a direct impact on brand reputation and increased customer satisfaction.
In this way, having a team dedicated to enterprise SEO marketing brings cohesion to your entire marketing strategy through interdepartmental collaboration focused on your audience’s needs.
But that’s not all.
Dedicated project management, scalable solutions, and technical automation make the case for enterprise SEO even stronger.
Dedicated Project Management
Proper enterprise SEO management requires addressing technical SEO, research, content, analytics, reporting, and more. Ensuring everything gets done consistently and correctly across internal and outsourced team members requires a dedicated project management system.
You’ll need systems for communicating, adhering to the same processes, using the same platforms and tools, and following industry practices.
The better defined your workflow and the more repeatable your processes, the better you’ll be able to scale your SEO efforts — an aspect more critical for enterprise than traditional SEO methods. For example, developing content is a multistep process, and having a dedicated workflow system will optimize its efficacy.
Making site-wide changes to a large enterprise site is labor-intensive. Dedicated workflow systems and optimization tools can support collaboration and enable your team to scale their efforts.
For enterprise content creation, templatized content is just one example. You can easily reproduce templatized content at scale with small sections personalized for the intended keyword.
At Victorious, we offer flexible technical SEO optimizations, link building, and outreach strategies that can scale up or down as your business grows. We take a data-driven approach to SEO that allows for constant monitoring and optimization of your website’s performance.
Technical Automation To Support Implementation & Measurement
Technical automation is the use of different software to guide SEO strategies and implementation and the measurement of those efforts. By automating certain tasks, businesses can save time and resources, ensure accuracy, and streamline their SEO processes.
Automation is even more critical for enterprise websites since it requires implementing site-wide changes across hundreds or thousands of pages, often on a more complex site.
Every SEO team uses a different combination of tools to automate their processes and improve a website’s search potential. Here are a few ways they might do that:
- Keyword Research: Automation tools can help with keyword research by analyzing search volume, competition, and other relevant data to suggest the most effective target keywords and phrases. To speed up and improve the keyword research process, your SEO team might use a combination of tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, Keywords Explorer, Answer the Public, and more.
- Site Crawling and Auditing: Technical automation tools like Deep Crawl, Ahrefs, and Screaming Frog can crawl and audit a website to identify technical SEO issues such as broken links, duplicate content, missing meta descriptions, and unoptimized title tags. These tools can also analyze a website’s structure and provide recommendations for improving its technical performance.
- Reporting and Analysis: Tools like Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and more can track key metrics such as organic traffic, keyword rankings, and backlinks. These metrics provide insights into areas for improvement.
- Link Building: Tools like Ahrefs can automate the process of finding link opportunities and monitoring your backlink profile. These tools can also help analyze the quality of backlinks to ensure they come from authoritative sources and are relevant to the website’s content.
- Page Speed: Google PageSpeed Insights, Lighthouse, and Pingdom can measure page load times.
- Schema: Google’s Schema Markup testing tool can help ensure your structured data is error-free.
- Mobile Friendly: Teams can monitor and improve mobile optimization.
What To Look for in an Enterprise SEO Agency
The skills and collaboration required to run a successful enterprise SEO program reach far beyond that of traditional SEO campaigns. For enterprise SEO strategies to be successful, there must be significant alignment and integration between the marketing, branding, and SEO teams. Members across multiple departments must work together and communicate effectively.
When deciding which agency is the right SEO team to partner with, consider their enterprise SEO expertise, prioritization of communication, and structures in place to make both recommendations and implementations.
Here’s what to look for when selecting the best SEO agency team for your enterprise company’s needs.
Some agencies offer SEO as one of many marketing services. But problems often arise with this “jack-of-all-trades, master of none” agency model, where SEO is more of an afterthought than a priority. The best way to choose the right SEO agency for your website is to select one with demonstrated SEO excellence.
Here at Victorious, we’re proud to be an award-winning agency focused solely on SEO, and those awards speak for themselves. Here are just a few:
- U.S. Search Awards: Winner, Best Use of Search – Health
- U.S. Agency Awards: Winner, Best Large Agency of the Year
- Clutch: Global Market Leader, Enterprise SEO
We share our deep SEO expertise on our blog and throughout our relationship with our customers. When you partner with Victorious as your SEO agency, you also gain access to a dedicated customer-only knowledge base.
We ensure you’re informed every step of the way and work with you to achieve your goals.
SEO experience shouldn’t be the only thing you look for when deciding who’s qualified to work on your enterprise website. An agency experienced in running full enterprise-grade SEO campaigns should be able to provide clear evidence of its success delivering results for other enterprise customers.
Look for results like these:
- SoFi saw a 95% increase of page one keywords up to 11,900 while working with Victorious on their enterprise site.
- Union Bay achieved an organic revenue increase of 200% YoY and organic sessions up by 115% YoY while engaged with us as their SEO support team.
- Valiente Mott gained an aggregate position change exceeding 8,223 placements, a 23,249% increase in Google CTR, and over 90% of new web sessions from search, representing an additional 85,000 new organic visitors to their website.
At Victorious, we emphasize the importance of communication and collaboration with our enterprise customers. All customers have a dedicated team working with and for them. We grant members of your team access to our customer-only knowledge base. This growing library of high-quality content guides visitors through our SEO enterprise services, details of deliverables, and implementation how-to’s.
Our standard reporting structure empowers our customers to understand their enterprise SEO campaigns, but we know your business might have unique reporting needs. Whether you need support building decks for C-suite stakeholders or want us to host walkthroughs of your analytics with your team, we work to fit your needs.
Our proprietary methodology combines the best of technology and people to deliver business-impacting results at scale.
We built our business on a foundation of providing only the best recommendations for your unique website and business needs. Our teams can work together during implementation — or we can provide strategic support to your various in-house teams.
If your business goals change, no problem. We’ll pivot to make sure your goals remain at the forefront of our strategy.
Every Victorious team member is trained in SEO best practices. We guarantee a consistently high-touch experience for our customers, whether you’re talking to an account executive, our finance department, or our dedicated SEO specialists.
Your campaign team comprises a dedicated pod of professionals with deep enterprise experience. This structure guarantees that everyone working on your campaign understands the inner workings of enterprise businesses as well as what’s uniquely important to you.
Find Your Enterprise SEO Solution
There are no effective shortcuts when it comes to enterprise SEO. Here at Victorious, we pride ourselves on being creative, proactive, and rigorous in finding incremental solutions that drive exponential growth. When you select us as your trustworthy SEO agency, you’ll gain a dedicated partner committed to proven strategies that work for your website in the long term.
Learn more about our enterprise SEO services and schedule a free SEO consultation today.