The online world has changed much since the evolution of social media. Businesses have also evolved in ways that we never imagined possible in the past, with some unique and outrageous startups being put up as each year passes. However, the most basic mantra of marketing your business has never changed – if you don’t have customers, then you don’t have a business.
This mindset still holds true to this very moment. Business for the year 2013 was focused hugely on social media and online services, and we all can’t help but think that even the old online marketing techniques should still apply at this day and age. Heck, even the seemingly old concept of search engine optimization (SEO) is still very much effective as it was before.
The reason why search engine optimization tips are still applicable nowadays is because the impact of SEO has not really disappeared. If you are running a business and still skeptical about engaging into SEO for your website, here are a number of reasons why you have to understand the importance of optimizing your website for search engines:
- Increased reach to millions of online users and potential customers. When your website appears on search, you provide your own business with the potential to catch followers. With the number of daily searches reaching by the billions, chipping off just a fraction of that reach for your company website will create a huge impact on your brand campaign.
- Most users click only on links on the first page of search results. Let’s face it: Online users have highly fickle minds and extremely short attention spans. A recent study revealed that online searchers – and that includes us – typically look at the first search results page and click links on that area alone. If your website does not appear in the first page of search results, then don’t expect a boost in visitor count anytime soon.
- More public awareness about your brand. As your site gets noticed by search bots and shoots up to the top of search results, millions of users will be able to see your company name and profile when they search for particular keywords. Make sure that you’re focusing your SEO strategies on search keywords that you want your pages to appear on.
- All businesses have equal footing on search engines. The good thing about the online world is that every business has equal chances of figuring big on search results. As long as you invest ‘much on SEO, then you’ll have no problem surpassing other big companies in Google rankings.
- Higher search rank = higher social media reach. Here’s a pure and simple logic: If people see your pages on search and find something interesting, they can share them through their social media accounts. The year 2013 is a banner year for social media, and the next few years will probably follow suit.
Industries and businesses have come and gone, but the power of SEO is here to stay. It’s up to the current crop of businesses and search engine optimization companies to boost their respective brands by sticking on what is already tried and tested.