Do you remember the time when everyone was getting information through paper? Decades ago, the newspaper was the king of printed information, while encyclopedias were very useful for research. Heck, I can still vividly remember the complete set of encyclopedias stacked in our home library shelves! What made these paper media relevant was the content.
Nowadays, we’re all about social media and websites. The current generation of readers might have shifted to viral information and quick how-to guides to life. However, the idea of getting the information across to your target readers is still relevant – and they do need more.
This thirst for reading should be capitalized on, especially when it comes to pushing your company website to the top of Google rankings. Any SEO company knows that providing consistent and updated articles to the target market can improve their customers’ SEO. Here are some of the benefits that you will expect to get if your website or blog has lots of new articles:
- Increase in number of readers. When people know that your website is updated with brand new posts everyday (or even multiple times a day), they will naturally go back for more. They may even bookmark you for future reads. It’s practically the law of supply and demand: the more articles you provide, the more your readers will want more.
- Boost in reputation and trust. As you continue to deliver frequent high quality content, readers will get the impression that you’re an expert in the particular niche that you have chosen. That’s a double reason for celebration: your customers put their trust in you, and you earn more followers.
- More loyal and returning customers. In relation to #2 above, when visitors see that you are trustworthy and reputable, they will most probably return to your website for more information in the future. Your followers will then get the idea that whenever they need something related to your niche, you will be their first go-to source. More articles from you will translate to a more loyal follower base.
- Higher search engine ranking. Yes, there is a direct relationship between a constantly updated blog and a boost in SEO. Search engine spiders know which websites are regularly updated, and the search algorithms will put more plus points on these sites. When you put up more pages, the search engine bots will detect this, and will place your posts on the search indices.
- Increase in requests for advertising. Marketers and advertisers troop to search engines to check which websites can deliver their ad campaigns best. They usually go to websites that have a good placement in search results. As you benefit from writing more, expect an influx of advertising requests soon.
I hope you learned much from these search engine optimization tips. In summary, writing frequently and consistently should be your mantra, especially if you want more of your potential customers to see you on search results. Study your chosen niche, so that you can assess how frequent you should write your articles.